Visa is required for entry into Tanzania for most people. An ordinary visa (also known as a tourist visa) is used by tourists. This visa is issued at any Tanzanian embassy. It grants tourists/ visitors the authorization to enter the country through designated entry points on the border, through airports and harbor stations. However, a person coming from a country with no access to a Tanzanian embassy or where it is reasonably distant shall be issued a visa at the entry points in Tanzania.
Any foreigner seeking to enter the United Republic of Tanzania is subject to the following entry requirements:
- A passport or Travel Document which is valid for not less than six months;
- A Residence Permit or a Pass or his name is endorsed upon the same;
Upon complying with the entry requirements, a visitor is issued with a Visitor's Pass with validity not exceeding three months (and not exceeding six months for citizens of EAC Member States).
1. A complete visa application form. A copy of the form is available on the web, at any Tanzanian embassy, or at any entry point into Tanzania.
2. Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration). There must be at least one full blank visa page available for the Tanzania visa stamp.
3. Two passport size photograph recently taken.
4. Visa fee ranging $50-$100
5. Proof of departure such as a computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket.
6. Visa applications for minors under 18 years, should be accompanied with a notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.